8 lamb chops
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tsp dried oregano, or 1/2 cup chopped fresh
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp olive oil for cooking
For the Tzatziki:
2 cups plain Greek yogurt 1 cucumber shredded
1 cup extra virgin olive oil 1/2 cup fresh dill minced 1/4 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves minced 1/2 tsp salt
1. In a small bowl or cup, mix the olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Arrange lamb chops on a large plate and pour the marinade all over the lamb.
3. Rub this mixture onto the lamb chops on both sides.
4. Cover and marinate for half an hour.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry or grill the lamb in 2 batches for 3-4 minutes each side.
6. Sprinkle with a little extra fresh or dried oregano and extra lemon juice.
7. While lamb is resting, make the Tzatziki sauce by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl.
8. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Enjoy this delicious dish with pita bread and a Greek salad with feta cheese!
This recipe was published first in The Mediterranean Lifestyle Magazine Issue 1, 2018.