By Kelly Michelakis
Mouthwatering buttery biscuits that melt in your mouth
350g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
350g plain flour, plus extra for mixing
100g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting the biscuits
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 teaspoon salt
1 vanilla pod scraped
1. Pre-heat the oven at 160 degrees.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix together until it forms a dough but isn’t sticky on your hands. Use a little extra flour if necessary.
4. Form small rounds of the dough, press down lightly and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and leave the biscuits to cool on a wire rack before dusting them with sifted icing sugar.
Kelly and Zen are an Australian born couple with Hellenic heritage living in Melbourne. Their passion for Greece, food and travel has let them to create The Hellenic Odyssey, where you will learn to cook authentic Greek food, to restore the art of slow cooking and to reconnect with one another.
Follow Kelly and Zen on their Instagram @thehellenicodyssey and visit their website: www.thehellenicodyssey.com